Cadbury Cream Egg Twisted CupcakesPosted by Cupcake Kelly on Apr 24, 2011 in Cupcakes | 22 comments
I made a vanilla cupcake and topped it with vanilla frosting mixed with the centers of cream eggs and twisted with some chocolate frosting.
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 egg yolk
2 tbs vanilla
1 tbs vanilla paste
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
10 Cadbury Cream Eggs (chilled)
Vanilla Frosting (homemade or store bought)
Yellow gel coloring
Chocolate Frosting (homemade or store bought)
- Line a muffin tray or mini muffin tray with paper liners and preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C. In a large bowl beat the wet ingredients together with an electric mixer on low speed.
- In a small bowl stir together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat on low for a minute. Turn on high and beat for 30 seconds. The lumps should disappear.
- Fill each case three quarters full and bake for 20 minutes (17 minutes for minis) and set aside to cool.
- Make the frosting. Cut the cream eggs in half and scoop out the centers into a medium sized bow. Save the chocolate shells to eat later. Mix the centers with 1 cup of vanilla frosting. Add yellow food coloring if desired.
- In a piping bag with a star tip place the yellow frosting in and push it to one side. Place the chocolate frosting on the other side. When your piping and squeeze the bag the two colors will swirl.