Stuffed French ToastPosted by Cupcake Kelly on Aug 8, 2011 in Bread, Fruit, Other Desserts | 11 comments
I love french toast and I have yet to find a place in London that serves it better than I can make it myself. I stopped ordering it for brunch because it’s always disappointing.
Ocado are now selling a range of products from the french grocery store Carrefour. They sent me this loaf of Reflects de France Gache Brioche Loaf which retails for £2.99 a loaf. It’s made with flour, eggs, butter, sugar and creme fraiche.
I’m already thinking of making a french toast stuffed with chocolate! I only made 2 slices to have for myself so I didn’t strictly follow a recipe. I saw the idea for stuffed French Toast on The Girl Who Ate Everything.
1 Brioche Loaf
3 tbs cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of cinnamon
4 tsp jam
4 tsp cream cheese
- Slice the bread about 1 inch thick. In the middle of each slice make an incision.
- Fill each incision with 2 tsp of jam and cream cheese.
- Turn a frying pan on medium high heat. In a bowl beat the egg and cream together and dip each slice in for about 10 seconds (don't let the bread go soggy).
- Grill for a few minutes on each time until heated through and brown.
- Serve with fruit and dusted with powdered sugar.