Royal Wedding Bubbly Peach CupcakesPosted by Cupcake Kelly on Apr 21, 2011 in Cupcakes, Fruit, Holidays | 14 comments
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick/115g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla (peach flavoring also optional)
1/2 cup champagne or cava
1 cup diced peaches, tossed in flour
5 egg whites
1 cup sugar
4 sticks/450g unsalted butter, chilled cut into cubes
a few tablespoons of champagne or cava to taste
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C and line muffin tray with paper liners. In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on high speed mix cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating until combined. Add in the vanilla and peach flavoring (if using).
- Add the flour mixture in two batches alternating with the champagne until all incorporated. Fold in the chopped peaches.
- Fill each cup three quarters full and bake for 25 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Make the frosting by whisking the egg whites and sugar over a double boiler until warm and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and beat on medium high speed until smooth and fluffy, about 10 minutes. When the bottom of the bowl is no longer warm start adding the butter one cube at a time. Continue beating until all the butter is added and add the vanilla and the champagne one tablespoon at a time. Don't add too much or the frosting will go runny.
- Once the cupcakes are cool pipe a generous amount of frosting on each and enjoy!