I think these are the softest cookies I’ve ever eaten. They have a beautiful vibrant color and I loved they way they just melted in my mouth. Not a whole lot of chewing required on these.
This is the first time I’ve made a pumpkin cookie and I was surprised. The flavor of the pumpkin really comes through. Using just one egg per batch there are quite a lot of cookies. Not that I did, but this a good recipe for sharing
I enjoyed the pumpkin and chocolate flavor combination and I’m already thinking about pairing it for a cupcake recipe this fall.
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for 30 seconds, The the pumpkin and mix for another 30 seconds. Add the flour mixture and mix for 10 seconds. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate or 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C and place small around of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes and golden around the edges.
- Cool for 1o minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Adapted from One Girl Cookies