Leftover Halloween Candy CookiesPosted by Cupcake Kelly on Nov 2, 2011 in Cookies, Holidays | 2 comments
These cookies are perfect for using up some extra Halloween candy that’s laying around the house! I used some candy corn white chocolate Halloween M&M’s.
I brought these and the Pumpkin Cupcakes to work for a charity bake sale. The cookies went down really well and one person bought nearly the whole lot!–
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
3/4 cup candy corn M&M's (or any other leftover Halloween candy)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/190 C. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and beat to combine. Stir in the nuts, M&M's and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Use a cookie scoop to place rounds of dough a few inches apart on a non stick cookie sheet. I pressed each round with the back of my palm and squished a few sprinkles on top of each one.
- Bake for 9 minutes until just golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing with a spatula. Store in a sealed container.
adapted from Something Swanky