I don’t even remember the last time I made good old chocolate chip cookies. I really enjoyed these. They came out perfectly soft and chewy, which is my favorite kind of cookie.
My lovely brother and sister law gave me this cookie jar for Christmas even though we said no gifts this year! So I felt obligated to put it to use straight away! The tea cup in this photo is made by Poole Pottery.
Crave Chocolate Chip Cookies
courtesy of Crave and From Scratch – A Business Review (makes about 3 dozen)
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chunks (I used some mini chocolate chips that I had on hand)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F/180 C. In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
2. With the mixer on high speed cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until really light and fluffy. (This is key).
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined. Add the vanilla.
4. With the mixer on slow add the dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
6. Scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets using purple cookie scoop (note from Carolyne and Jodi it MUST be purple). Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Thank you Carolyne and Jodi! Maybe I’ll see you in Calgary one day.