I wanted to keep you all entertained while I am away on holiday! I promise to come back with pictures of all the treats I have devoured while Stateside.
I wanted something really easy and fast whip up on a weeknight and my sister suggested these. They take about 10 minutes to mix up and 10 to bake. Really easy and the black and white contrast looks really great.
Oreos aren’t the best tasting cookie but they seem to be the base for thousands of other desserts! I think it’s the texture once they’re crumbled. I am happily eating a whole handful of these with a glass of milk right now.
Enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk!
1/2 cup butter (113g), at room temperature
6 tbs sugar
6 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add in the flour mixture with the mixer on low until it's just combined.
- Crumble the cookies with your hands over the bowl (I broke each cookie into about 4-5 pieces). The crumbs will makes nice little black flecks.
- Gently fold the cookies into the cookie dough by hand. Using a cookie scoop to place rounds two inches apart on the baking tray (I gently flattened one of the trays of dough with the back of a spatulas this is optional). Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
adapted from Sweet Tooth