Hershey kisses are only good for one thing, thumbprint cookies! My mom used to make Peanut Butter Blossoms every Christmas. I could only find these cookie n’ creme variety this time. So I decided to make little black and white thumbprints on this occasion.
If Hershey Kisses aren’t your thing fill the center with frosting. The great thing about these cookies is they are customized to any occasion with different colored sprinkles.
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 dark cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sprinkles
20 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/190 C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. In large bowl beat the butter for 30 seconds. Add in the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Add in the flour. The dough should come together into a ball.
- If it's too soft place in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up. Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into 1 inch balls. Roll into the sprinkles and place on the baking sheet.
- Place your thumb into the center of each cookie and make a dent.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until firm. Remove from the oven and immediately place a Hershey Kiss into the center. Place on a cooling rack.
adapted from The Curvy Carrot