Chewy Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chip CookiesPosted by Cupcake Kelly on May 10, 2012 in Cookies | 5 comments
I found some Raspberry M&M’s at Cyber Candy and I felt they were too fun to just eat on their own. I already made some chocolate chip cookies recently so I decided to use the chewy chocolate chip recipe from Milk & Cookies (one of my favorite books).
I decided to pair the Raspberry M&M’s with some extra dark chocolate chips. The raspberry flavor of the M&M’s really permeated the cookies and gave them a great dark chocolate and fruity flavor.
I accidentally added some baking powder to the cookies but they still turned out ok. I took my eyes off the recipe for one second and managed to add in an ingredient from a recipe on the opposite page!. Still, they are perfect for dipping in my cafe con leche coffe cups that I bought in Sevilla.
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup chocolate syrup
2 tbs light corn syrup
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup Raspberry M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter 2-3 minutes until creamy. Add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar, corn syrup and chocolate syrup and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Beat in the vanilla and the flour mixture until streaky.
- Pour in the M&M's and chocolate chips and stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- Make rounds using a cookie scoop and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and then place on a cooling rack.
adapted from Milk & Cookies