Caramel & Brown Sugar Cookie SandwichesPosted by Cupcake Kelly on May 6, 2011 in Cookies | 14 comments
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups caramel bits or chips of your choice
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Make the cookies. Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C. Whisk the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla, salt and eggs. Beat until combined.
- Add in the flour and combine. Fold in the caramel bits.
- Using a cookie scoop place each scoop of dough 2 inches apart on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Place on a cooling rack.
- Make the filling. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk, bring to a boil for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and let cool until luke warm.
- Gradually add in the sifted icing sugar. Beat until thick enough to spread on the cookie. If the frosting becomes too thick add a drop of hot water.9. Slather a generous amount on the inside of one cookie and sandwich with another cookie.