I just bought Milk & Cookies. Whenever I’m hungry or in the mood for baking I go to Amazon and check out the baking books that are due to be released in the next 90 days. For 90 days I kept coming back and looking at it trying to decide if I wanted it! I’m glad I bought it because these cookies are so good. I love the addition of dried blueberries instead of raisins.
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbs vanilla
3 cups oats
2 tbs maple syrup
2 cups dried blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F/180 C. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter on low speed. Slowly add the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed for five minutes until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in the vanilla and maple syrup. Slowly fold in the flour mixture, oats and blueberries using a spatula. Don't over mix. The book suggests to very gently knead the dough on a floured surface to combine the oats (I didn't feel like getting my hands sticky on this particular day).
- Using a cookie scoop place rounds 2 inches apart on a non stick tray.
- Lightly squish the tops down using the palm of your hand
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly brown. Place on a cooling rack
recipe says 2 dozen but I got nearly 4