Christmas is here and with it all the peppermint treats and goodies I can think of! I have nearly a whole board dedicated to it on Pinterest. To kick that off I’ve made some super easy peppermint fudge.
There is a layer of dark chocolate on the bottom and peppermint laced white chocolate on the top. I used some red gel color to make a red marble effect on the top.
These would make a nice gift wrapped in some cellophane and tied with a ribbon.
Best served with a steaming mug of cocoa! Just like mom used to make!
12 ounces/340g dark or plain chocolate
1 can condensed milk (14 ounces/397g)
2 tsp vanilla
6 ounces/170g white chocolate
2 tsp peppermint extract
red gel food coloring
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a heavy saucepan melt the plain chocolate and 1 cup of the condensed milk. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Melt the white chocolate in another saucepan and stir in the remaining condensed milk. Pour on top of the dark chocolate.
- Stick a knife or toothpick into some red gel food coloring and swirl it on top of the white chocolate
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove from tray and cut into squares.
adapted from Food.com