I’m alive! I can’t believe that I haven’t posted anything in almost a month. In three years this has definitely been the longest I’ve been away. The last few weeks have been busy. I moved from Connecticut to Nashville!
Arranging a move 900 miles this time was way more time consuming than our international move a year ago. Moving furniture, my car, buying a house, buying another car was way more stressful than I thought it would be. It was stressful but it all went smoothly We’re living in our new house now and super happy.
Our refrigerator is still on back order so I have a “beverage chiller” I bought at Home Depot for my office. I can keep some baking supplies in there though. The first thing I baked was a pumpkin loaf. I love the pumpkin loaf at Starbucks but at $3.00 a slice I’ll make my own at home.
I love my new kitchen! It’s huge. It’s probably the size of my first apartment in London. I have a double oven and finally a gas burning stove top.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 or 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease and line a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl whisk all the dry ingredients together and whisk all the wet ingredients in another bowl until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave on low for 30 second bursts. Stir in the vegetable oil to get a pourable consistency.
- Drizzle over the top of the loaf.
adapted from Copy Kat