Alex bought me One Girl Cookies for my birthday and I let him chose the first recipe to make from it. I always ask his opinion on what to bake but all he ever says is chocolate pound cake or shortbread brownies so I usually make what I want instead.
If I made his favorites all the time then that would make them a lot less special! I’m loving One Girl Cookies right now. The story at the front of the book is super cute. I’m really looking forward to trying something from the cookie chapter next.
Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Loaf Cake
adapted from One Girl Cookies
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup roasted hazelnuts
1 stick (113g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups cake cflour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C and grease and flour a loaf tin.
2. In a food processor pulse the chocolate chips and hazelnuts a few times. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. With the mixer on low slowly add the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix to combine.
4. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the flour and buttermilk in three batches alternating. Start and end with the flour. Fold in the chocolate chip and hazelnut mixture by hand.
5. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes rotating the tin halfway through. Let cool for 20 minutes and then turn it onto a wire rack.