I’m so ready for spring! I just can not snow anymore. There’s no where left for it to even go! Our mail box is about 3/4 covered and anymore snow we will need a tunnel to get out of our driveway. It did mean a few days of working from home in my sweats, which I’m not going to complain about.
I was feeling a bit grumpy because of the snow and a sore throat that managed to appear just before Valentine’s Day (no kisses for me) so I wanted to make something that made me think of Spring.
I bought a bag of Lemon Oreos at Walmart. They smelled so good when I opened the package. They tasted great too. I’m not an Oreo snob though. I’ll eat pretty much all the crazy flavors they come out with. Birthday Cake Oreos are probably my favorite still.
I think these are the nicest looking truffles that I’ve ever made. I’m terrible at dipping them and they always seem to fall apart. I kept the decoration simple but this time I made the dough balls and then stuck them in the freezer for awhile. They didn’t fall apart and the coating sets in about 10 seconds. It doesn’t end up looking patchy or dripping off.
1 pack Lemon Oreos
8oz cream cheese
1 bag yellow candy melts
2 tbs vegetable oil
rainbow sprinkles, optional
- Crush the Oreos until they resemble fine crumbs. I did this in my Vitamix. Pour crumbs into a large bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese in with the crumbs until a dough forms. Add in the cream cheese a little at a time (I left a small amount in the container).
- Using a cookie scoop make round balls. Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Roll between your palms to make perfectly round. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place the candy melts in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on low until melted. If it's very thick add the oil in a drizzle at a time (too much and it won't set).
- Using a spoon dip each ball into the candy melts and place on the cookie tray. Decorate with sprinkles right away (the cold dough will cause the candy melts to set very quickly).
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
I used a daiya cream cheese spread.