I’ve been really interested in making my own coffee syrups and lattes at home to save money. I made an eggnog syrup over Christmas and a Chocolate Chip Cookies syrup recently. This syrup can be made in less than 5 minutes!
I can now sneak cupcakes into my breakfast so I’m really happy! A cupcake latte will cheer anyone that’s having a bad day at work up!
Cupcake Coffee Syrup
An American Cupcake in London Original
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tbs French Vanilla flavor/extract
1/4 cup white cake mix
1. Pour the sugar and water into a small suacepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the French Vanilla and cake mix.
2. Strain the liquid into a sterilized jar and keep refrigerated for no more than one month.
1 espresso shot (I used 2 tsp espresso powder with about 25ml boiling water)
2-4 tsp cupcake syrup (or to taste)
1 cup hot milk
1. These directions are for those of us without coffee machines. Pour the cupcake syrup into coffee mug with the espresso and give it a good stir.
2. Place the milk in a microwave safe bowl/large cup and heat for 2 minutes. Give it a good froth with an aerolatte.
3. Pour the milk into the cup with the espresso shot and enjoy!